Procedures & general terms and conditions
- Cover by the health insurance is discussed prior to making the appointment for intake. Cover includes up to 10 hours a year. Sessions are billed directly to the health insurance per 15 minutes. Some additional insurance packages cover extra hours. You can check this in your policy terms or with your insurance company.
- Intervention is possible without a referral. Without a referral a screening needs to take place that takes up 15 minutes of the 10 hour cover. Therefor I usually recommend asking your GP for a referral.
- When intervention is finished a short report will be send to the referrer. An extended report is not included in the insurance rates. This can be written on request however this is billed seperately and can not be charged to the insurance. The following rates apply; Occupational Therapy report (including advices) €65, Sensory Processing report (including advices) €95
- If more intervention is needed following the maximum 10 hours a quarter hourly rate of €20 applies.
- Prices for workshops on request.
During the intake interview, the problems experienced by the child and parents and/or school will be discussed in more detail. With this, goals and a treatment plan are set.
- Before the intake we discuss if this is with parents alone or that the child will be present. The place where the intake takes place can also vary; at home or in the practise. Prior to the intake questionnaires will be send out to gather background information. Preferably this will be send back 24 hours prior to the intake.
- The intake generally takes about an hour. We will go into the details of the issues that the child, parents/teacher experiences. If the child is present I will also have a play-session to get a general impression and allow the child to feel comfortable and express their own ideas. Following this goeals will be discussed and how the intervetnio will take place.
- Intervention will include gathering the required information through observations (home/school/practise), formal assessments and questionnaires. Subsequently, the sessions will be focused on achieving the treatment goals. Intervention will take place in the setting where most effect is expected. This can be in the practise, at home or in some cases at school. Intervention at school is not covered by all insurance companies. This may result in extra costs.
- The time of the session varies, it depends on the age of the child and how long they can actively participate. In general this is aounrd 45m up to an hour.
- In order to reach the set goals parents are expected to actively participate in between sessions. Advices, excersizes and routines have to be applied in the daily situations. If any problems or questions arise parents can always contact me.
- If during the intervention I believe a different profession may be of better assistance I wille discuss this and refer on to other professionals.